forum

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
forum

Discutions pour les étudiants S6 anglais et S4 économie de gestion 2010

-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 litres (Anthracite)
79 € 99 €
Voir le deal

3 participants

10 Ways to Secure Your Personal Data

mohammed Riad
    mohammed Riad

10 Ways to Secure Your Personal Data Empty 10 Ways to Secure Your Personal Data

Message  mohammed Riad Jeu 20 Mai - 2:18

Today, the value of a computer is not based on cost but on the kind of data that it stores. Everyone has some amount of data on their computer that they would like to secure, whether it is their personal details, banking information, important documents or family photos from their great grandmother's 100th birthday. This article lists out 10 ways by which you can secure data on your computer.

1. Use a Tiered Data Protection Model - The implementation of a tiered data protection model which has multiple defence rings will help counter most threats to the security of your data. Since these kinds of data protection models use many layers of protection, it will also be easy to isolate data in case of a breach in security either from internal or external sources.

2. Install Good Spyware and Malware Programs - This is run of the mill advice for data protection, but it is very important that you install an anti malware program on your computer, whether you are using a PC or a Mac. Windows Defender is a great anti-malware software for PCs; you can also download some of the top recommended software from CNet downloads.

3. Restrict User Access - When securing data that is stored on your computer, especially sensitive information, it is a good idea to restrict physical access to the machine itself. This means restricting the number of people who can physically access the computer. You can do this by keeping the computer/notebook in a locked cupboard or locked room.

4. Tighten Logical Security - You will also need to tighten the logical security, which includes authentication, passwords and other such measures. When trying to secure data, it is important to keep track of permissions and access restrictions that affect the data.

5. Encryption - Encryption is a great way to ensure that the only people who can access the data on your computer are those with clearance for it. Encrypting data is easily accomplished on Windows machines, especially on MS office documents. Windows Vista has the added option of encrypting files.

6. Authorise Notification Alerts - All operating systems provide users with the option of turning on alerts which will notify users whenever something changes or is happening on the computer. These alerts make you aware of changes and will require you to authorize them, before they are put into motion. Notification alerts make it much easier to control what is happening on your computer.

7. Put Up Good Firewalls - Firewalls have to be installed on all computers to help protect your data from outside viruses and malware. Ensure that you pick a strong firewall that is customized to fit your browsing habits.

8. Secure Your Data With Backups and Archives - Most of the time, security breaches occur in unsecured archives and backups, therefore it is important to secure one's data backups, recoveries and archives.

9. Data Transfer - When moving data electronically across networks, it is crucial to create a safe and secure transfer environment, whether transferring over a public or a private network. In order to do this, it is a good idea to create a virtual private network, encrypt the data and follow the IPSec protocol.

10. Knowledge is Power - The most important thing to remember is to be aware of the latest developments in the world of online security and to be up to date. Ensure that the necessary measures that can be implemented in order to guarantee the safety of your personal data are in place.
    latifa salmi

10 Ways to Secure Your Personal Data Empty Paraphrase plz

Message  latifa salmi Mar 1 Juin - 20:31

Usually in a forum as this one the participants use prosaic language ,its a way to bring attention and make things easy.The title of ur topic seems interesting but once am in ,i didnt read it simply bse times is precious and anyone else would copy and paste!
    Sorry am not saying its bad but its useless to bring sth which can not be read!
    mohammed Riad
    mohammed Riad

10 Ways to Secure Your Personal Data Empty Re: 10 Ways to Secure Your Personal Data

Message  mohammed Riad Mer 2 Juin - 1:35

Well, i found myself bound to response to this post. in fact, i`ll be very brief and reasonable. i tell you that it`s not my responsibility if you are illiterate in IT*. So, if You wanna blame, you should blame none but yourself. Go try to Educate yourself rather than blaming others. this text is posted to people with an advanced knowledge of IT. as for the language, it`s shameful- as you are a student in the final year of English studies- to say that language should be simple.Concerning preciousness of time, you should reflect on it before saying it. time is not wasted if you do something useful and i think i wasted a lot of time to reply. cheers!!! (* IT = Information Technology).
    latifa salmi

10 Ways to Secure Your Personal Data Empty Re: 10 Ways to Secure Your Personal Data

Message  latifa salmi Jeu 3 Juin - 12:14

thank u!
    its not good to be cunning! but i forgive u Smile
    idouahmanebrahim

10 Ways to Secure Your Personal Data Empty avantage de ?????

Message  idouahmanebrahim Ven 4 Juin - 0:00

verry good

Contenu sponsorisé

Message  Contenu sponsorisé